National Park - Waterton Lakes (WTL)
Disclaimer: Although we strive for accuracy in our content, the following rules and regulations should only be considered a reference. It is your responsibility to ensure you are in compliance with all current rules and regulations. We assume no responsibility or liability for any inaccurate, delayed or incomplete information. Official information can be found http://www.pc.gc.ca or call Parks Canada at (888)-773-8888.
- You must have a Canadian National Parking fishing permit
- You can not fish with or possess the following within 100 meters of park waters:
- Natural bait or chemical attractants
- ANY lead tackle under 50 grams (sinkers, jigs, lures, flies)
- lures with more then 2 gang hooks
- line set-up capable of catching more than one fish at a time
- Fish with more then one line at a time
- Fish closed waters
- Fish from 2 hours after sunset to one hour before sunrise
- Allow your catch to spoil or to be wasted
- Sell, trade or barter any fish caught
- Put live fish or fish eggs in any park water or transfer them between bodies of water inside or outside the park
- Put any food or fish in park waters
- You can not possess more than 2 game fish at one time
- You can not continue fishing on any day after having caught and kept the maximum daily catch and possession limit
- Boats with motors are not allowed in any body of water in Waterton Lakes National Park other then the Middle and Upper Waterton Lakes.
- Boat launch permits are required for Waterton Lakes.
- Fishing with bait and bait fish (dead) is not allowed in any body of water in Waterton Lakes National Park
Lakes, Rivers, Streams, Tributaries:
All bodies of water (or fish not mentioned at a listed location) are subject to the following rules unless they are closed or stated otherwise on the Parks Canada website Waterton Lakes Fishing Regulations.
Warning: Any species of fish caught that are not mentioned below must be released
Closed November 1 -to- June 30
OPENED July 1 -to- October 31
BAIT Not Allowed
|Fish||Keep limit / size restrictions|
|Rules & Regulations are from Parks Canada|
|All Species||2 (All species combined can not exceed this limit)|
For more information about rules and regulations in Waterton Lakes, call one of the district office phone numbers listed below.
- Waterton Lakes National Park | (403)-859-5182